What is the anniversary dance?
This is a special opportunity to showcase all of the couples who have been married longer than you and your new bride or groom. At the end of the dance, a good DJ will have the longest married couple giving a tidbit of advice to the newest married couple. Let us take a look at how it works.
First, all married couples are invited to the dance floor.
The disc jockey will kindly invite your guest to dance. Its fun to group up and start the dancing. by this time an after dinner cocktail will loosen up many knees and hips.
Next, eliminate couples year by year.
You might hear something like this from the PA system, “If you have been married a year or longer please step off of the dance floor.” Remember the wedding couple is excluded from being booted off the dance floor.
The DJ will move along the years and decades to thin out the crowd. A good DJ will gauge the guest and move along the years according. You don’t want them to jump to all the 40 year and older marriages, but on the other side, you don’t want them to run down year by year.
If have been married longer than 40 years please step off of the dance floor
Finally, the last two couples are on the dance floor.
When the disc-jockey has voted everyone but you and the oldest married couple off the dance floor then it gets sweet. The winners will have an opportunity to give a bit of marriage advice to the newest wedding couple in the reception hall.
Where does this fit in your wedding reception timeline?
In Texas, the anniversary dance is placed after the formal dancing. Some of your older guests will leave the reception early and its best to get them out on the dance floor before they head home for the night.
Are there any other ways to do the Anniversary Dance?
Yes, you can excuse the newly married couple right off the bat. Its fun and comical to hear the DJ announce, “If you have been married less than 4 hours, please step off the dance floor.” Next is the boring part. The bride and groom are expected to stand on the sideline and wait for the dance game to play out.
Not big on dancing? Wearing beautiful shoes that hurt to dance in? Then this could be the perfect way to have the dance and not hurt your feet. The video above lets you share the moment without booting anyone from the dancefloor.
Here are a few ideas for songs to play during the dance:
This is what you get when the best man and the brides maid decide to rap their toast. We think they did a phenomenal job. Congrats to Chelsea and Joseph for having such an amazing wedding. We also want to thank them for having us out there to capture their wedding day on video. Below is the video we showed to the guest at the end of the reception at Don Strange Ranch.
Meg & Scott
Wedding – Tarpon Inn
Reception – Trout Street
Meg and Scott had an amazing destination wedding in Port Aransas, Texas. The wedding was held in the court yard at the Tarpon Inn. After the service family and friends headed across the street and completed the evening at Trout Street Bar and Grill. Send offs from the back of a boat always make the best conclusion for a wedding video.
Meg & Scott had an amazing wedding and we are really excited about how their wedding highlight video came out.
San Angelo Wedding Video
For our YouTube fans out there here is the last wedding video we produced. Here is the Berry event shot in Corpus Christi, Texas.
This event had it all, and then some. We have never had one event that had so much. The client used Razzle Dazzle Event Decorating Inc.
Have you ever seen a fountain brought in for a wedding reception? Nope us neither.
Aaron Watson played the reception for this lucky couple
These two were wed back in August of 2011. They had a beautiful wedding at St. Josephs Catholic Church. After the wedding is was time to head over to the Wells Fargo Pavilions at the county fair grounds for an exciting reception.
Thanks again to Jennifer and Larry for letting us capture your wedding day. We had a blast and by watching the video it looks like you did too.
Derrick & Kendra Perrin
San Angelo Wedding Video
Big Box Pro Wedding Video offers a premium service called a same day edit. The same day edit is a video production like none other. We shoot your wedding and start editing right after. Within three hours of saying “I Do!” we have a fully produced highlight video to show your guests. Here are some samples of same day edits we have produced.
Enjoy – Derrick Perrin – Big Box Pro Wedding Films
Corpus Christi – San Angelo – Rockport
Here is a list of our choices for wedding venues:
San Angelo is a fun town and a hub for part of West Texas. The town has some amazing facilities and beautiful ranches nearby.
- Cain’s Cove –
- Cain’s Cove is San Angelo’s only outdoor venue with a Banquet Hall located on the same property for your convenience.
- The Venue –
- Make The Venue your trusted choice for banquets, weddings, Quinceaneras, Sweet 16’s, reunions, anniversaries and corporate outings. With our services, your guests will know you have selected The Venue “of choice”…
- San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts –
- Our dramatic building can offer a one of a kind venue for your wedding or ceremony. The San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts is one of the most unique wedding spot in San Angelo, Texas, and the rural communities of the Concho Valley.
- Bentwood Country Club –
- Whether it is simply elegant, or elegantly simple, every wedding at Bentwood Country Club reflects the care and attention it deserves.
- The City of San Angelo –
- There are a number of wedding and banquet facilities available from the city of San Angelo.
- McNease Convention Center –
- The large meeting room is capable of being divided into three equal spaces and hosts a wide variety of events, including conventions, trade shows, luncheons, speeches, dinner dances, wedding receptions, and quinceaneras.
- San Angelo City Auditorium –
- Opened in 1928. Wedding reservations may be booked up to one year in advance.
- ASU LeGrand Center –
- On the campus of Angelo State University this is home to the alumni association. Both indoor and outdoor facilities are available at the LeGrand Center.
- El Paseo de Santa Angela –
- The Paseo is home to Cinco de Mayo and Dies y Seis celebrations, the Texas Wine and Food Festival, wedding receptions, family reunions, birthday parties, free concerts, and dances.
- Pecan Creek Pavilion –
- The pavilion is an enclosed, climate-controlled facility that sits on the banks of Lake Nasworthy at 8455 Country Club Road.
- Angelo Civic Theater –
- We rent out our facilities for parties, special events, seminars, etc.
- Ft Concho Historical Landmark –
- Several of the buildings at the fort are available to rent for weddings, receptions, dinners, or parties.
So that is a list of some of the many unique wedding and reception venues in the area.
Wedding Highlight Video Clip – San Antonio, Texas
If you have any questions or comments on the wedding video please give us a call or email. We would love to hear from you.
Derrick Perrin, Owner – Videographer – Editor
San Angelo Wedding Video